Sunday, October 31, 2010

The BIG CHANGE in My Life


From the time I was born, many changes have happen in my life that I could not remember anymore. Being the only girl in the family, everything I need and want is given to me by my parents so I consider myself to be lucky. Lucky to the extent that I became a brat, simply because everything I wanted is given to me. I am a teacher’s pet (hello, my parents always donates in my school so they love me) and my classmates are envious of me (yeah, really, I know because I have everything from headbands to shoes, in brand new). So you see, being a spoiled-brat that I am, my parents are proud of me because aside from being a multi-talented daughter who can dance and act, to being the head of the governing body of the school and to being the valedictorian of my class.

The biggest change in my life didn’t happen when I was in grade school (I stayed to be the bratty girl that I was until high school) nor in high school (I never let go of my position for being the school President or the School seal in the school band or the Valedictorian title that I had) neither in college. The biggest change happened after I graduated and while I was having my review for the board exam. I GOT PREGNANT.

Okay, you might wanna know why it is so much of a big deal. I came from a small town where almost all people know each other, though we are not that rich, I came from a well-known family. Both of my parents came from a prominent family. Politics and the likes, their brothers or sisters being big farm land owners, etc. So being pregnant out of wedlock is a very shameful act. And yet, the pressure of getting married didn’t push me hard enough to choose to marry the man who got me pregnant. I didn’t want to get married for the wrong reasons. Yes, I admit I was wrong when I engaged myself into Pre-Marital Sex but I think that one mistake in my life should not be solved with being forced to marry the person I am not sure of being married to. Because as we can see right now, more and more broken family emerges because of young couples being forced to marry each other when the girl gets pregnant. And that is one of the reasons why I never got married, I don’t want to be forced to do something I am not sure of doing. Getting Married that is. I want to marry a man because I love him so much and that I cannot see myself not being his wife. I don’t want to marry a man because he got me pregnant, I want to marry him because I want to, because I know that I would regret it if I don’t.

After that, the next big thing that happened in my life was that I rise up from the FALL. I was like an angel who has lost her wings to a fire and has been cast away on earth and tried to walk like a normal human being. At first, it was so hard; I have no idea what would I do in order to be myself once again. But I never lose hope; I keep my faith in God in and myself and in the people who believed in me, my family and true friends who stood by me. And now, after 4 years, I am proud to say that I am a SINGLE-MOM who raises her own child from her hard-earned money. I have a little farm and a business, I write and I blog for a living too. Every day that an opportunity knocks on my door, I don’t let it slip away even if I would only earn a single centavo for selling one cupcake, I would still sell it.

Lastly, I am not perfect, I am just human. I am not God or an angel that I cannot commit a mistake so for all the people who have judged me, thank you for doing so, but remember that you are not God too.

For all the teenagers out there, don’t think that being a single-mom is COOL, or that being married is the answer to your agonies and problems with your parents because it is not. You should be thankful for having your parents to love and guide you and scold you when they needed to. There are more to life than having a child at an early age, if you can’t be good, just be safe.

There is something that I still need to change in my life that is to be more patient. Patience is a virtue but sometimes I get so irritable because I am not patient. I hope I could overcome this feeling because it doesn't bring any good memories to me, and sometimes it breaks some friendships and relationship with the people I love.

The big change that happened to me turned me into a better person that I am right now. I became wise in decision making, I became more stronger and determined to succeed in life because I have a son, and a beautiful one, that I needed to offer my success in life.

8 comments:

  1. pregnancy changes one's life... definitely agree with you!

    by the way, thanks for always commenting!
    http://www.chrischronicles.com/october-top-commentators/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire you for being a fighter. Most of my classmates who got pregnant during our college days stop and get married.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very good post, a touching story, coupled with life's lessons on loving a man prematurely, of earning a living, and most of all, of trusting God.

    I admire you for the strength of character, for raising your child as a single mom, and for living life the way you want it to be.

    In addition, writing a personal post telling your own story is hard, but it turns out you are frank with no emotional baggage about it.

    Wish you well and blogging success. Cheers!

    P.S. I find it hard to comment using my blog's URL, as your blogspot does not support it. Have to go to my Google account just to post.

    Eli @ Business Sphere
    http://businessphereconsulting.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! what an inspiring story. what an admirable young woman...you may fall down at an early age, but for every fall you've earned memories, good or bad, that will make you "who you are today".

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful story. you are indeed a brave woman. we all make mistakes but the most important thing is that we learn from these mistakes and become better persons because of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tama, tama. dapat mabasa ito ng kapatid ko. halos katulad mo rin ang istorya ng buhay nun e. hihi. salamat sa pagshare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super galing, awesome ka talaga sis. :)

    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  8. "For all the teenagers out there, don’t think that being a single-mom is COOL, or that being married is the answer to your agonies and problems with your parents because it is not. You should be thankful for having your parents to love and guide you and scold you when they needed to. There are more to life than having a child at an early age, if you can’t be good, just be safe." -- Makes sense! And your baby's cute. There's an angel to be cherished for despite the odds you went through. Mistakes can only be corrected once we learn from it. I second to everything you said.

    ReplyDelete