Tuesday, June 22, 2010

a Letter to my Father

tatay,

Though you have never been a good father to me for the past 5 years, I am still thankful because you are the reason why I am here, breathing, living my life. I still thank God because He gave us the time to bond and share my childhood with you. And now that I am turning 25 and not your baby anymore, without you taking care of me, without you making me feel loved, without you in the family, still, I know time will come that we will be okay. It might not happen now, but I still hope it will. Though I am still angry of what you have done and how much it affects my life in a negative way, I still want to say "Happy Father's Day!". You might not know I have greeted you because I can't say it in front of you, I still love you Tatay. I hope you will realize how important is your family more than anything else before it's too late.

joanne

3 comments:

  1. Nakiki-plug lang po....

    Kilala mo ba sila ELY, MARKUS, LEMON, at BUDDY? Nagkaroon ba kayo ng KARAOKE MACHINE at nakakanta gamit ang MINUS ONE o MULTIPLEX CASSETTE TAPES? Nag-alaga ka rin ba ng mga mababangong KISSES at umasang manganganak ang mga ito? Alam mo ba ang universal cheat code na UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, B, A, SELECT, START?

    Balik-balikan ang saya ng DEKADA NOBENTA....Pindot na Dito!!

    Sana ay makabisita ka at ma-check mo kung pasado ba ang blog ko sa criteria mo para sa TOP 10 EMERGING INFLUENTIAL BLOGS FOR 2010!!

    Lahat ng tao ay may jologs side!! Rakenrol \m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful letter, and so full of emotions <3 I hope your dad will get the chance to read it, and that no matter what happened between the two of you, you will be able to find a way back to each other :) Good luck on that dearie *hugs tight*

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Lucia :) I miss him so much...my old dad, the father who is always there :)

    ReplyDelete